Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
Alkami Technology is a leading next-generation online banking solution that both builds software for financial institutions to host as well as for a hosted ASP solution that Alkami manages for customers looking to leverage a shared hosting environment.
The Technical Implementation Engineer role is primarily responsible for implementing and supporting Alkami’s software products in our Hosted environments. As a Technical Implementation Engineer, you will be a part of small but growing team of talented people responsible for implementing a complex enterprise banking software solution in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in financial software with experience working directly with clients as well as internal project managers and development resources.
The environment is .NET with a SQL back-end, and each project requires integration with third party vendors including proprietary credit union and bank host systems. Relationship building is an important aspect of the position, where the individual will focus on securing strong professional relationships with clients. In addition, the individual will provide technical leadership and project coordination.
Successful candidates must have a strong sense of urgency and ownership to drive technical challenges to completion working collaboratively with both internal and client facing technical resources. The ideal candidate will keep up to date with technology, and suggest ways to incorporate new products and policies to help to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Install, configure, customize and resolve all technical issues related to the ORB platform for both on-premise and hosted environments – before they reach clients
- Identify technical challenges and provide recommendations for improvement, focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency for both Alkami’s SaaS multi-tenant model and in-house clients
- Maintain, support, upgrade, and troubleshoot software and hardware issues as they arise or are identified
- Anticipate and raise project, business, and technical issues to the appropriate resources, log issues, track progress and actively participate in their resolution
- Work directly with third party vendors to implement solutions to interface with various external systems
- Work closely with Development and PM resources to resolve complex technical issues related to ongoing projects
- Provide technical support to dedicated Support resources to upgrade and troubleshoot systems and environments as needed
- Share guidance, knowledge, skills, and experiences with team members, provide technical leadership, and update internally-maintained knowledge repository
- Provide backup technical support when the primary responsible individuals are not available
- Provide labor estimates for custom projects and assigned tasks
- Support internal IT resources by providing recommendations to ensure network/hardware architecture meets or exceeds customer specific requirements when building out new environments
- Exhibits behavior in accordance with company core values
- 5+ years of technical experience in product architecture and/or production IT environments, experience with configuring and troubleshooting development and production environments, experience in designing and/or implementing systems with a focus on scalability and high-availability
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 or 2008 R2 in a high-transaction environment with numerous reads, writes, and updates
- Experience working with IoC enterprise application frameworks (such as MEF, LightInject, and Unity)
- Good understanding of SOA principles, including experience implementing WCF 3.5
- Experience working with ORM frameworks (such as ADO.NET Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, and NHibernate)
- Experience working with SCM systems (such as Subversion, Git, Mercurial, VSS, or TFS) in continuous integration environments (such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CruiseControl or TeamCity)
- Experience implementing and deploying N-tier architecture designs in distributed environments
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year-college, or university, a certificate for systems or network administration from a two-year technical training program, or two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using various development patterns such as Repository pattern
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Network programming experiencing using TCP/IP sockets
- Experience working with unit testing tools (NUnit) and familiarity with Test-Driven Development
- Experience working with third party providers and/or clients to resolve/debug application related issues.
- Previous experience in designing and/or implementing systems with a focus on scalability and high-availability
- Experience developing deployed (in-house) solutions in which installable software packages are handed off to the customer including testing, documentation, and stability requirements of this scenario
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: We cannot offer relocation for this position. Candidates must be ready to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location.
Travel: No need to buy new luggage as travel is anticipated to be 0% to 10%.
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.