Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will collaborate with Development and Product Managers to drive testability and ensure quality of the releases, work closely with developers in an agile environment, be able to deal with ambiguity, figure out a plan quickly with given information, have strong troubleshooting skills, and possess a deep knowledge of test and tool development methodology. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering quality releases to work on our core products such as our Online Banking Suite and Mobile iOS and Android applications, will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career delivering great quality products at a fast pace, and is a proactive communicator and effective influencer.
- Develop/Execute manual and automated tests, and identify actionable bugs quickly.
- Develop effective QA coverage of multiple mobile and browser-based projects.
- Staying on top of all bugs/issues, help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Work with different teams (Product/Engineering/PS/Support) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage, and also provide feedback on quality issues.
- Assess the status of the release, and help make sure that the release goes out on time with high quality level.
- Continually improve coverage of automated regression tests.
- Report automation performance results to leadership and review results with clients as needed.
- Create automation test suite for build validation in a continuous delivery.
- A strong understanding of testing browser based as well as mobile applications/services in a Microsoft .NET environment.
- Proficiency in Visual Studio Test Automation Suite (VB Scripting) , Specflow, and SQL server knowledge are required.
- A strong understanding of SW testing / QA processes.
- Must be well read and be well versed in various QA/testing techniques and disciplines.
- Must be able to use theory in real world applications.
- J-meter or Selenium experience is preferred.
- Certification in testing such as ISTQB would be a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of real word testing experience using industry accepted SW testing techniques and principles
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: We are open to offering relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Travel: Unfortunately we don’t offer relocation assistance. We are ready for you to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location.
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.