Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
The Technical Consultant role is primarily responsible for overseeing the design, delivery, and execution of Alkami’s software products. As a Technical Consultant, you will be a part of small but growing team of talented people responsible for implementing a complex enterprise banking software solution in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in financial software with experience working directly with clients as well as internal project managers and development resources.
The environment is .NET with a SQL backend, and each project requires integration with third party vendors including proprietary credit union and bank host systems. Relationship building is an important aspect of the position, where the individual will focus on securing strong professional relationships with clients. In addition, the individual will provide technical leadership and project coordination.
Successful candidates must have a strong sense of urgency and ownership to drive technical challenges to completion working collaboratively with both internal and client facing technical resources. The ideal candidate will keep up to date with technology, and suggest ways to incorporate new products and policies to help to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Meet with clients both in-person and virtually to define solution dependencies and transform business practices in accordance with software design.
- Identify technical challenges and provide recommendations for improvement, focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency for both Alkami’s SaaS multi-tenant model and in-house clients.
- Conduct application demonstration and discovery sessions to refine business and technical software requirements after contract execution.
- Anticipate and raise project, business, and technical issues to the appropriate resources and actively participate in their resolution.
- Work directly with third party vendors to resolve integration and design issues with various external systems.
- Work closely with Development, Configuration, and PM resources to resolve complex technical issues related to ongoing projects.
- Provide technical support to dedicated Support resources to upgrade and troubleshoot systems and environments as needed.
- Share guidance, knowledge, skills, and experiences with team members, provide technical leadership, and update internally-maintained knowledge repository.
- Provide supplemental technical support when the primary responsible individuals are not available.
- Audit client environments and oversee the launch of Alkami products and solutions.
- Create and manage documentation and toolsets for the scalability of the Technical Consulting organization.
- Exhibits behavior in accordance with company core values.
- 3+ years of technical experience in product architecture and/or production IT environments, experience with configuring and troubleshooting development and production environments, experience in designing and/or implementing systems with a focus on scalability and high-availability.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 or 2008 R2 in a high-transaction environment with numerous reads, writes, and updates.
- Experience designing and resolving software integration conflicts in a production environment.
- Understanding of N-tier architecture designs in distributed environments.
- Proficiency with software development tools like the following: Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Araxis Merge (or another text file comparison tool), Microsoft SQL Server, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- 2+ years of experience in performing presentations and demonstrations of application functionality to a broad array of stakeholders, including executives.
- Capability communicating complex and technical topics to an audience of varying technical competency.
- Ability to learn and apply complex, industry specific concepts.
- Previous experience working with third party providers and/or clients to resolve/debug application related issues.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Financial services software development and design experience, specifically core and 3rd party integration.
- Working knowledge of SQL server, IIS, and Microsoft C# and ASP.NET is extremely helpful.
- A general knowledge of Internet routing and related protocols.
- A general knowledge of Firewall operations as they relate to Internet connectivity.
- Previous experience in designing and/or implementing systems with a focus on scalability and high-availability.
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: We are open to offering relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.