Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
System Engineers are responsible for operating the internal and external server infrastructure reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure server operations are safe and efficient by monitoring performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to server issues.
Successful candidates must have a strong sense of urgency and ownership to drive technical challenges to completion working collaboratively with both internal and client facing technical resources. The ideal candidate will keep up to date with technology, and suggest ways to incorporate new products and policies to help to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with other team members and groups to identify and develop scalable server infrastructure designs, solutions, and policy recommendations
- Ensure continued smooth operation of Alkami’s growing server infrastructure
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and corrects server problems remotely and on-site
- Provides on-call support during both business and non-business hours as established and in accordance with company’s Policies and Procedures
- 5+ year of system administration of Linux (primarily Red Hat Linux and variants) environments supporting multiple physical sites. To include integration with Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS.
- 5+ years of administering virtualized environments in public or private cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google)
- 5+ years of administering virtualized environments using products such as VMware vCenter Server and ESX 5.0 or higher, including the management of OVA/OVF deployable containers.
- 3+ years of experience automating server processes and environment build outs.
- 3+ years of experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- 3+ years servers in corporate domain environments, including diagnosing hardware, software, and network problems, assisting end users with connectivity and system usage, and troubleshooting, configuring, and replacing defective components.
- 2+ years of system administration of Windows Server environments supporting multiple physical sites, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, and VPN’s.
- Demonstrated familiarity with creating physical and logical infrastructure diagrams.
- Demonstrated familiarity creating and managing X.509 (PKI) certificate-based infrastructures
- Experience administering corporate anti-virus, backup, network monitoring, and enterprise whole-disk encryption tools
- Candidates with AWS experience or certifications are strongly preferred.
- Strong experience managing Red Hat Linux and variants from the command line.
- 5+ years of administering complex environments with Cisco networking equipment. Familiarity with complex environments with multiple VPN tunnels, MPLS endpoints, and familiarity with cipher technologies, multiple internal VLAN’s and tagged traffic, spanning tree, layer 3 routing protocols, NAT, PoE, and 802.1x are strongly preferred desired.
- Experience automating tasks using BASH, Perl or other scripting technologies or tools
- Experience administering shared attached storage / storage area networks (SANs), including formulating enterprise capacity management plans at the LUN level.
- Experience taking internal and external customer requirements and combining expertise and knowledge with industry and vendor research to create well-documented and detailed proposals for solving challenges with information technologies.
- Familiarity with Terraform.
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: Unfortunately we don’t offer relocation assistance. We are ready for you to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.