Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
The Senior Support Engineer will be responsible for researching and resolving application issues reported by customers and partners. The Senior Support Engineer will also have exceptional communication skills and will serve as the primary point of contact between the customer and Alkami when issues arise. They will keep the customer informed of the status of their issue as it moves to resolution.
- Provide great customer support through direct customer contact, including phone, email and documentation
- Communicate accurately, clearly, and effectively in writing, in person, and on the phone.
- Efficiently triage and resolve customer issues
- Review and update site configuration primarily in MS SQL databases.
- Demonstrate good judgment by escalating issues to the team lead when appropriate
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and resolve issues in a timely manner within a high-pressure environment
- Acts as an advocate within Support for our JFI clients
- Follow internal processes to handoff appropriate issues to other teams and follow up to ensure the issue is being resolved in a timely manner
- Be available 24/7/365 to assist resolving SEV 1 issues
- Be on a rotation to take after hour calls
- 4+ years of experience working on an application support team
- 2+ years of client facing experience (in-person, phone or e-mail communication)
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm under trying circumstances
- Ability to effectively manage customers and their expectations
- A high degree of self-confidence and self-motivation
- Flexible, ability to adapt to change
- History working with or supporting Microsoft C# applications, SQL Server, IIS, and n-tiered solutions
- Good understanding of WCF
- Knowledge of Jira
- Working knowledge of ITIL foundation and Service Operations
- Familiarity with Google docs
- Familiarity with various online banking applications and understanding of third party
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: Unfortunately we don’t offer relocation assistance. We are ready for you to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.