As a member of the product management team, the Principal Product Manager is responsible for defining, communicating and delivering upon the strategic vision of the application. At Alkami, Principal Product Managers are more focused on the “what”, “why” and “when” aspects of product management while closely working with technical product managers who place a greater emphasis on the “how”. With cross functional support from technical product managers, sales, UX and development the Principal Product Manager will interact with customers, end users, and business units to develop a product roadmap, perform market analysis, and incorporate customer feedback to grow Alkami’s competitive advantage in the online banking market. This position reports into the Director of Product Management.
- Develop the strategic vision for a cross section of retail and business banking products
- Build and maintain an Agile product roadmap that balances between customer commitments, strategic direction, and new competitive differentiators
- Thorough market analysis of competitors, fintech trends, business partners, and consumer digital usage patterns
- Participate in industry events, sales meetings, and customer workgroups to refine and solidify product vision and direction
- Evangelize strategic vision across all divisions of the business including sales, delivery, support, and customers
- Develop feature specific usage and engagement KPIs
- Lead feature specific customer feedback groups
- Work closely with engineering, product management, sales engineering, and other business stakeholders in the definition of product features
- Work with project managers, product owners and customers to align customer expectations with feature behavior
- Work with technical product managers to develop functional requirements documents
- Collaborate with technical product managers to ensure requirements are well defined, correctly implemented, and validated
- Work with technical product managers, development teams, and technical writers to produce implementation guides, diagrams and technical specifications
- High energy with a passion for financial products
- 5+ years product management experience
- 3+ years with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience working with designers and developers to implement products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good understanding of technology – specifically enterprise software development
Things To Know
Relocation: We cannot offer relocation; you must already reside within a reasonable commuting distance to Plano.
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Contract Work: We are seeking people dedicated on our in-house team. (Please no independent contractors, or professional services companies.)
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.