Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain and a 2019 Best Tech Startup in Plano by The Tech Tribune. Today, the Alkami team of 375+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 4,700,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
Alkami is looking for a talented professional to serve as the frontline manager on implementation projects with strong technical ability and exceptional people management skills. Candidate must be able to provide support on all aspects of projects with PMs, external clients, and others and ensures projects are delivered in a timely fashion in accordance with project requirements. Candidate must have a passion for planning and attention to detail as well as senior customer-facing experience with launching large enterprise-scale cloud software solutions.
This position will report to the Director of Implementation under Alkami’s Delivery division and be responsible for leading a team of Implementation Project Managers. The role is responsible for collaborating with Account Executives to confirm requirements, establishing schedules, coordinating internal cross-functional dependencies, setting priorities, and in general helping clients have a positive experience with the Alkami implementation.
Successful candidates must have a strong sense of urgency and ownership to enable project managers to drive projects to completion and be successful in a collaborative environment. Communication skills are critical as well as the ability to quantify and manage all aspects of a project, balancing both client and internal team objectives while adhering to established timelines and contract scope. In addition, a successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to effectively handle client escalations and manage them to successful outcomes.
- Lead a team of focused Project Managers tasked with managing multiple Implementation projects at any given time.
- Provide day-to-day coaching, guidance and oversight to team members. Identify training and development opportunities and serve in a mentoring role for all team members.
- Maintain and provide Implementation reporting including forecasts, actual vs. forecast, in progress, completed, etc.
- Track and manage milestones and customer reported issues for overall team and prioritize issues for escalation.
- Consolidate status, issues and risks to stakeholders from project managers and keep leaders informed as needed.
- Be the initial escalation point of contact for all client inquiries for projects being managed by team.
- Work closely with all internal Alkami teams to resolve complex issues reported by our customers and / or escalated by Project Managers.
- Provide regular input to the Delivery management team on process improvements and best practices and help create and drive efficiency gains within the Implementation team.
- Track individual and team time reporting for assigned projects and ensure compliance with budgeted project labor.
- Coordinate with internal Alkami teams during implementation lifecycle to maintain and improve customer relationships and communication.
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities. This position requires extensive interaction on the phone and by e-mail with our external customers, third-party vendors, and other Alkami employees. Demonstrated experience interacting with customer stakeholders at all management levels.
- A minimum of 8 years of technical project management experience in the financial services or software industry with increasing demonstrated responsibility and success and a proven ability of launching and successfully completing a software implementation project with minimal supervision is required. Breadth of Alkami product knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to lead a team of technical and non-technical staff. A minimum of 2 years direct or indirect leadership experience including performance management and employee development including but not limited to mentoring and coaching.
- Extensive experience interfacing with external clients including written, telephonic and face to face interactions and senior management level communications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle client escalations, managing to successful outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of MS Project, MS Excel, and MS Word is required.
- Ability to take a process and work with management to suggest modifications focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform successfully in a high-pressure, fast-pace working environment.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Careful attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
- Proficiency with managing web sites on a Microsoft server platform.
- A general knowledge of Internet routing and related protocols.
- A general knowledge of Firewall operations as they relate to Internet connectivity.
- Previous work experience with the banking and financial industry as it relates to Internet home banking applications.
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: We cannot offer relocation for this position. Candidates must be ready to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location.
Travel: No need to buy new luggage as travel is anticipated to be 0% to 20%.
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.