Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain and a 2019 Best Tech Startup in Plano by The Tech Tribune. Today, the Alkami team of 375+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 4,700,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
The Implementation Services Delivery Executive is responsible for management of key business areas associated with product delivery to Alkami’s clients. The role is part of Alkami’s Delivery organization, reporting directly to the Chief Delivery Officer. Primary responsibilities include Implementation Services, Professional Services Organization (PSO), Technical Implementation and Technical Consulting. In general, the position will have ownership of client-facing implementation resources that are associated with implementation, launch, and post launch add-ons for Alkami’s SaaS digital banking platform. The position is responsible for overseeing a growing team, interacting directly with Alkami clients, establishing capacity requirements, managing to a budget, and cross functional management of launch and ongoing service/delivery dependencies. The Implementation Services Delivery Executive will also be responsible for establishing best practices and delivery methodologies that improve scalability, reduce costs, improve client service levels, and achieve compliance with industry standards and PCI/SSAE16.
Key Leadership Responsibilities by Team
- The Implementation Services Delivery Executive serves as the leader for a team of approximately 60 Alkamists who are predominantly client facing and project oriented. This area of Alkami’s business continues to grow so recruiting, employee development and performance management are key elements of the position.
- Given a talented team of leaders within the group, a significant emphasis can and should be placed on coaching, mentoring and challenging the team.
- Capacity planning, reporting and budgeting are all fundamental responsibilities of this role.
Implementation Services (Project Management):
- Implementation: the team has primary responsibility for launching clients on Alkami’s digital banking SaaS platform. These are technically complex integrations involving software development, configuration and third party interfaces with a very high degree of client interaction. The Implementation Services Delivery Executive is measured on such factors as on-time client launches and client satisfaction.
- Post-launch implementation of phase 2 (and beyond) contract deliverables: during the sales or implementation phase, Alkami and clients may mutually agree to schedule contract deliverables for implementation after the initial launch. The Implementation Services Delivery Executive will be responsible for ensuring these subsequent contract requirements are delivered on time and with a high degree of client satisfaction.
- PMO: the role has a new responsibility linked to establishing a formal PMO function charged with continuously evolving the Alkami project methodology, delivering employee training and optimizing with a focus on efficiency gains.
- Typical project activities facilitated by this role including change control, stakeholder reporting, capacity planning, client stakeholder management, escalation handling/resolution, governance and cross-functional collaboration linked to project deliverables.
Technical Implementation (Configuration):
- The Technical Implementation team provides client site configuration, third party configuration, launch preparation, and post-launch requests/changes/feature additions.
- A key future focus for the Technical Implementation team relates to scaling and optimizing our configuration methodology to minimize required resourcing and increase quality/first-time delivery. The Executive should work collaboratively with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure Alkami products are designed in a scalable way for the Technical Implementation team to implement.
- The Technical Consulting team works with the Implementation Services and Technical Implementation teams to support client implementation projects and post-launch requests/changes/feature additions. The Technical Consultants assist clients with configuration choices and complex technical challenges.
- The team divides their time working with implementing clients and those already live so careful planning is necessary to fully support these separate areas of focus.
Professional Services Organization (PSO):
- Changes/Feature requests: the PSO team is tasked with working with clients to help them take advantage of new Alkami feature functionality or navigate changes within their financial institutions (e.g. mergers, rebranding initiatives, third party provider changes, etc) that impact digital banking. These projects are classified in a four-category framework of low to high complexity projects and delivered accordingly. Custom development may be required at the request of Alkami clients and the PSO team works with the Alkami SDLC agile scrum teams to receive, test and deliver such requests in conjunction with clients.
- Phase 2+: while the Implementation Service team may manage some larger Phase 2 engagements, in most circumstances the PSO team will receive a handover of contract commitments and manage these to completion as individual projects.
- SDK support – the PSO team supports Alkami clients taking advantage of SDK capabilities, specifically helping clients navigate release dependencies, scheduling and technical requirements.
Key Other Responsibilities
- Meet with prospective clients to review the Alkami project methodology as well as post-launch PSO support structures.
- Manage delivery of initial contract scope by coordinating with the VP of Sales and VP of Product to provide high level timelines and scope analysis for potential contracts.
Client Relationship Management:
- In coordination with the Client Services Executive, the Implementation Services Delivery Executive is responsible for building, maintaining, and expanding relationships with key client stakeholders. The position should also leverage relationships to manage client expectations and provide a channel for feedback on Alkami performance.
Cross Functional Management:
- The Implementation Services Delivery Executive is responsible for working with cross-functional stakeholders and contributors to align resources and internal schedules to support client delivery commitments.
Ensure Department Best Practices:
- Provide oversight on general best practices and ensure that Alkami’s engagement tools and methodologies adhere to industry, contract, and professional standards. Includes formats for all written materials, and types and frequency of documents and tools used to work with clients. Also ensure that all client-facing employees operate consistently with Alkami’s standard delivery methodologies (as applicable).
- Provide day-to-day coaching, guidance and oversight to team members.
- Provide budget forecasts and updates to the CFO and CDO, including forecasting of billable project milestones. Ensure the client project cost assumptions and revenue recognition triggers are properly identified and executed by executive stakeholders.
- Ensure all billable activity including milestones, travel and CCRs are documented consistent with Alkami guidelines and administered accurately.
Reports To: Chief Delivery Officer
- Direct Reports: a multi-level organization with direct reports currently consisting of Director, Implementation Services and Sr. Manager, Technical Consulting
- Education – Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or 8+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading implementation teams in a hosted, SaaS environment.
- Demonstrated experience introducing and evolving implementation-related best practices and establishing standardized project methodologies (PMO). Ability to identify and report on key performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities. This position requires extensive interaction on the phone and by e-mail with our external customers, third-party vendors, and other Alkami employees.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with *external* client stakeholders at all management levels including escalation situations.
- A quantitative mindset, with demonstrated experience leveraging data to form business cases or justifications, along with useful reporting and KPIs.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and lead a team of high performing staff.
- Ability to learn and apply complex, industry specific concepts.
- Ability to perform successfully in a high-pressure, fast-pace working environment on an independent basis.
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing efficiency improvements within an implementation environment.
- Education – MBA or Master’s degree.
- Financial technology or technical bank operations experience.
- Experience working with Jira.
- Working knowledge of agile scrum methodologies.
Things to Know:
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: We are open to offering relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.