Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
In this highly visible and critical role, you will be leading complex security engagements as a Cloud Security Engineer in Alkami Information Security team. You will interface with enterprise teams to ensure AWS security, privacy, and compliance requirements are addressed through security tools and technologies.
- Install, configure, integrate, and train others on security solutions in the cloud
- Define and implement appropriate policies for AWS security solutions
- Knowledge of AWS native security stack (e.g. Cloudtrail) and 3rd party solutions (e.g. Palo Alto Panorama)
- Conduct security assessments to identify areas of risk and ensure any gaps are remediated
- Own security architecture in the Cloud in Collaboration with SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), network and development teams
- Provide engineering teams with precise security requirements including for include secure network design, database access, security testing, authentication methods, implementation of encryption, privilege management, logging, input validation, secure storage design and secure data transfer
- Assist in investigation and remediation of security incidents and issues
- Consult on, and provide requirements for critical projects and initiatives
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Raise the awareness level of cloud security in the enterprise
- 5+ years in Information security discipline
- Solid Cloud security experience, preferably in AWS
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code (E.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation Templates)
- Knowledge of network configurations and devices
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience of security systems, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Strong desire to learn and grow with a rapidly growing practice and company
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to use those to drive goals, plans, and implementation
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the enterprise
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Security certifications such as AWS Certified Security – Specialty, CISSP, CCSP, or CCSK
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: Unfortunately we don’t offer relocation assistance. We are ready for you to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.