Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain and a 2019 Best Tech Startup in Plano by The Tech Tribune. Today, the Alkami team of 375+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 4,700,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
Client success is our passion at Alkami. An executive passionate about driving partnership and connection with clients through delivering amazing service is what we desire to join our Alkami team.
The Client Services Executive is a hands-on leader managing our Client Services team with oversight for all of our current client relationships. Ensuring exceptional levels of client satisfaction and client-centric partnership is a must for this leader to instill in the team. This will achieve high client retention and increased product adoption by our clients. This position reports to the Chief Delivery Officer and is operationally focused (e.g. change request handling, invoice accuracy/credits, support prioritization, etc.), as well as more traditionally customer service oriented (e.g. product adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.) And, very critical is this leader must be passionate about developing and investing in the Client Services team members.
- Drive client success outcomes
- Be the chief Alkami client advocate. Embody the Alkami values regarding transparency and partnership.
- Set client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability level targets and implement plans to achieve and improve.
- Influence product adoption and retention by Alkami clients.
- Help to drive new sales through reference-ability.
- Expand Alkami revenue (at times in partnership with Alkami Sales) through upsell opportunities.
- Build deep client relationships from operational to executive level stakeholders.
- When necessary, identify and implement client “get well” programs to restore satisfaction in escalating situations.
- Operational responsibilities
- Work with the Alkami Service Operations team to address key support related items.
- Collaborate with the Alkami site reliability engineering and product development teams, design and implement client communication programs related to maintenance, release and product enhancement updates.
- Facilitate client change requests (CCRs) and coordinate delivery with the Alkami product development teams.
- Forecast team capacity requirements and maintain a reasonable allocation of clients amongst the Account Executives.
- Strategic responsibilities
- As Alkami grows and evolves, constantly reassess the team structure, responsibilities and strategies to help scale the business.
- Set a longer-term strategy for a transition from a more operationally focused Client Services team to one focused on traditional client success responsibilities.
- Partner with the Sales team to agree on relevant roles and responsibilities.
- Provide leadership for Client Services team
- Recruit, retain and invest in a highly performing team of account executives who strive to achieve great levels of client satisfaction.
- Perform employee reviews, compensation management, measurement and review of individual and department performance benchmarks, PTO, and other employee-focused functions.
- Establish and communicate individual stretch goals for assigned employees. Goals include client retention targets, sales quotas, and client satisfaction metrics.
- Coach employees to successful execution of assigned goals. Provide 1-1 “hands-on” training and positive/constructive reinforcement as required.
- Implement policies and practices that reinforce employee personal accountability for individual excellence and attainment of assigned goals.
- Meet with assigned employees on a regular 1-1 basis to review individual targets and employee performance.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading client success or account management teams in a hosted, SaaS environment.
- Demonstrated experience introducing and client success and retention methodologies.
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities. This position requires extensive interaction on the phone and by e-mail with our external customers, third-party vendors, and other Alkami employees. Demonstrated experience interacting with external customer stakeholders at all management levels including escalation situations.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and lead a team of high performing staff.
- Ability to learn and apply complex, industry specific concepts.
- Ability to perform successfully in a high-pressure, fast-pace working environment on an independent basis.
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing efficiency improvements within an implementation environment.
- Education – MBA or Masters degree
- Financial technology or technical bank operations experience.
- Experience working with Jira.
Things to Know:
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: We are open to offering relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.