Alkami is a cloud-based digital banking technology provider to US financial institutions leading the way in extraordinary online and mobile banking experiences. A 9-year-old company Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in the US. Alkami was the #1 fastest growing software company in Texas on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and #13 on the DBJ Dallas 100. Alkami was also ranked in the Top 10 Coolest Tech Companies to Work For in Dallas by DevMountain. Today, the Alkami team of 300+ Alkamists provide our digital banking solutions to over 3,500,000 consumers and small businesses. And, we are an organization committed to our culture of optimistic-perseverance, transparent-communication, caring-collaboration, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun!
The PMO Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining and evolving the Alkami project methodology, along with ensuring that the relevant standards are upheld. You will be part of a growing team of talented people responsible for implementing a complex enterprise banking software solution in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in establishing and implementing best practice project management methodologies in an agile software development environment. The role reports directly to the Director, Implementation Services and is initially an independent contributor.
- Analyze the existing Alkami project management methodology and identify opportunities for enhancement and improvement that balance client satisfaction with internal efficiency. Lead the implementation and measurement of these changes.
- Create and maintain written procedures and process flows.
- Introduce and maintain a portfolio dashboard reporting mechanisms to track project health, status and key risks. Further, overall responsibility for tracking schedule, cost and scope for all portfolio projects.
- Identify opportunities for tooling and automation, leading efforts to identify requirements, evaluate vendors, develop business cases and lead implementation.
- Work with the functional areas to conduct capacity planning and project assignments.
- Act as an advocate for best practices in project management and drive standardization and consistency. Participate in new employee onboarding and training opportunities.
- Develop positive relationships with other implementation leaders to implement project management methodologies in their teams.
- Create an environment of continuous learning, facilitating lessons learned activities and updating Alkami methodologies accordingly.
- Consistently look for ways to make the Alkami client experience better.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge of Jira
- Knowledge of project planning tools
- Certified ScrumMaster and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizations
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast paced environment with a focus on highly complicated technical integrations
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Previous experience in managing a large portfolio of projects
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile Scrum principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of SDLC principles and practices
Things To Know
Not Just Any Company: Awesome culture, great benefits, every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami, and great employee events and activities.
Free Lunch: Who said there is no free lunch? At Alkami, every day we offer free lunch.
Relocation: Unfortunately we don’t offer relocation assistance. We are ready for you to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location
Sponsorship: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; you must already be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US full-time.
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.